With the SCCM 2012 Configuration Pack for UE-V you can check your clients, if they are compliant with your desired UE-V client settings. If not, SCCM will configure the settings on the client…
The UE-V Agent Baseline does the following:
1. Starts the OfflineFiles service if it is not running.
2. Validates the SettingsStoragePath and sets it if needed.
3. Validates the SettingsTemplateCatalogPath and sets it if needed.
4. Verifies that the UE-V Agent is enabled.
5. Starts the UE-V Agent Service if it is not running.
6. Verifies that the Template Auto Update script runs as a scheduled task.
7. Validates that synchronized settings packages are within the recommended size.
Install http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35595 (System Center 2012 Configuration Pack for Microsoft User Experience Virtualization) on a client. This will extract some files to “C:\Program Files\ Microsoft User Experience Virtualization”.
In SCCM, import the configuration pack
- Assets and Compliance – Overview – Compliance Settings
- Right click Configuration Baselines – Import Configuration Data
- Click Add and browse the installation directory for the UE-V Baseline.cab (C:\Program Files\Microsoft User Experience Virtualizatio). Click “open” to import the file…
Now configure the configuration item with your company settings
- Assets and Compliance – Compliance Settings – Configuration Items
- Right click the “UE-V Configuration Item” and choose “Properties”
- Choose the TAB “Settings” and Edit the “InSettingsStoragePathConfigured” Script.
- Click the button “Edit Script…” for “Remediation script”
- Now at the end of the script, change the settings storage path to your company setting (format: \\<servername>\<share>\%username%)
Click 2x OK
- There’s a second script to edit for the Template Catalog Path. Choose “InSettingsTemplateCatalogConfigured” and click on “Edit”
- Edit the Script for Remediation
- At the end of the script, edit the path (format: \\srv02\share) and click 2x OK
- At the end you have to deploy the UE-V Baseline to a collection. Right click the Baseline and choose “Deploy”
- Enable the option “Remediate noncompliant rules when supported” and also “Allow remediation outside the maintenance window”. This will correct wrong settings automatically!
Choose the collection where you need this baseline
Some scripts in the baseline are written in PowerShell and not signed. So you have to edit the PowerShell execution policy in your sccm client settings, otherwise the scripts will not run…
In the SCCM Console, choose “Administration” – “Client Settings” – “Properties” on your company settings. On “Computer Agent”, change the setting “PowerShell execution Policy” to the value “Bypass”.