We are all happy, how fast the Java versions are changing and also, that in every version new “security” features are integrated. It’s not so easy to follow all the changes (started with version 1.7 upd 07), so it’s very important to test the deployments of java everytime! Unfortunately, not all settings can be tested… but for this, I will write another post later. In this blog we take a look how to deploy a Java RULESET, so java will run for specific sites without prompting the user, if he is really sure, to use java.
- Identify critical applets and web start applications, either by location (e.g. http://test.exam.com), name (e.g. MindMan), or code-sign hash.
- Create a file called ruleset.xml
- Package your ruleset.xml into a signed DeploymentRuleSet.jar
- Deploy your DeploymentRuleSet.jar to user desktops
- Verify usage of your rule set on a client desktop